FOR REAL YOU GUYS NEED TO TRY THIS!

Search & Win

29 May 2009

Crossroads Jog-a-thon

It was a close call, because I had to teach a class this morning, but Colby, Hailey and I did make it to the girl’s school jog-a-thon. As we headed out towards the field where the kids were running I was wondering how I would ever find my kids, since just about every kid in the school was wearing a bright yellow and black shirt. It looked like a sea of swarming bees. When we finally made it to the inside of the circle, and after about the third time around I was able to spot Jade and Cambrie. I was pretty impressed with how they were hauling!

They got excited when they saw us there to cheer them on. Jade made an attempt to get Colby to run with her, but I didn’t want to chance him getting trampled. I love the fact that even though their faces were beat red and they were sweating, as soon as they saw the camera they put on their picture faces!


Cambrie ended up running 13 laps and Jade ran 14. Hailey didn’t get to run with them since she is afternoon kindergarten, but she did get to run with all the afternoon classes. She ran 18 laps!! (of course the kindergarten track was a little smaller.)
Miss Ellerson even commented about how “Hailey was killin’ it!” She ended up coming in second of all the girls in the class for the number of laps won. I was so impressed! The girl can run when she wants to! Although I did notice that when she got to the opposite side of the track from where we were she would slow down and walk for a while, but as soon as she heard her name hollered out she would start running again. When they were all done, all the classes got popsicles to help them cool off after their hot run! It was a competition to see who could complete the most laps in the allotted time. First place got a Baskin Robbins certificate but when I told Brian about how good the girls did, he said we would take them to ice cream ourselves!

No comments: