Just before I left for Utah we somehow came into possession of a Wii. (Brian will have to give the details of that later!) So far we have found that our all around favorite game is Tennis, for the adults at least. When I left for Utah I told Brian I wanted to take the Wii since it is fairly compact, so the older kids would have something else to do while at Janell and Ryan’s house. He hemmed and hawed about it because he didn’t want to waste space, and wondered if we would really ever use it. Well… it got lots of use. Not so much by my older kids, but the older older kids! It went from the adults just trying it out to full on Tennis competitions. Everyone pretty well got involved. Even Jeff and Samantha (Meeks) gave it a go when they came over. I beat Samantha once, then talked a little trash and got my rear handed to me! I had forgotten, you don’t trash talk Sam! She is very competitive! Even the day of Jay’s wedding, while we were all hurrying to get ready, she was playing a tennis match. What a way to start your day! Anyway it has proven to be a good buy!
So when my Mom and Dad stopped by after we all got back from our trip, they asked if we had played much tennis lately. And then it was on again! It is almost as much fun to watch people play as it is to play yourself. Brian and my Dad went at it and my Mom and I gave it a try after them. Colby was busy putting on his own show, but made sure to stay in the middle of everything. So if anyone is wondering if the Wii would be a good family toy… I would have to say it truly entertains children of ALL ages!

So when my Mom and Dad stopped by after we all got back from our trip, they asked if we had played much tennis lately. And then it was on again! It is almost as much fun to watch people play as it is to play yourself. Brian and my Dad went at it and my Mom and I gave it a try after them. Colby was busy putting on his own show, but made sure to stay in the middle of everything. So if anyone is wondering if the Wii would be a good family toy… I would have to say it truly entertains children of ALL ages!

No comments:
Post a Comment