FOR REAL YOU GUYS NEED TO TRY THIS!

Search & Win

22 November 2008

Yeskidettes Jungle Book Play

This Season Jade and Cambrie both were involved in the Yes Kidettes Production of "The Jungle Book". Their friend Claire Pace made it also. So after a solid 6-8 weeks of driving back and forth to practices in different parts of downtown Modesto, and of course no two kids ever seemed to have practice at the same time because they all had different parts, they finally had their big weekend of performances. When we finally got to see the show I was so impressed. I can't believe they can pull that many kids together in such a short amount of time and make it look so good. It was especially enjoyable for us because throughout the entire show, we had a child on stage. Either Jade or Cambrie were on the stage the entire time and a lot of the time it was both of them. Jade was a Monkey in King Louie's crew, a star and a flower, and Cambrie was a bumble bee. Cambrie even had a little speaking part which she was very proud of! She ran up to Mowgli the man cub and said "Awh, come on what's wrong?" I was so proud of both of them, they did a great job. It has been interesting to see the confidence that they have gained through this experience. Even from the small part Jade had in the last YES performance, she had much better confidence and stage presence when trying out for this one. She even had a call back for the part of Ashanti. In the end I was very glad they had the opportunity to be in the show. Even if it meant the tripling of my gas bill, the juggling of Colby's nap times, the rearranging of carpools, and the lack of dinners provided during that time, I think it was a great experience!

No comments: