What do you get when you put together 14 kids 8 adults and a lot of good food? A Great Thanksgiving! This year my family, including my Mom and Dad, joined the Garcia-Young clan and their friends the Saunders' from Wyoming to celebrate Thanksgiving. Ben and Holly Kroutil joined us for a short time as well. The food was a great compilation of everyone's efforts, especially the hosts. We were very grateful to have such wonderful friends to invite us over and to be able to have my Mom and Dad with us as well. One of our favorite parts of the meal was the pies. Karen made her famous apple pie, my Mom made her yummy banana cream pie, and I made pumpkin (Brian's favorite) and chocolate cream pie (my favorite). You can never have to many pies! Just ask me!
At this time of Thanksgiving, I recognize that there is truly much to be grateful for. In a time of economic uncertainty and many new changes upon us, I am especially grateful for every little thing that we have been blessed with! I am thrilled that Brian has a good job, and that we can still afford our home (as many people in our neighborhood have lost theirs). I have a wonderful family whom I love dearly and I learn from daily. Most of all, I am grateful we have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives, which gives us hope and encouragement and has taught us to prepare ourselves for whatever may lie ahead. I am grateful to have leaders who are in tune with the spirit who guide us in the things we should do to find joy in our journey. I am very grateful that we can have the spirit in our home, that we may enjoy the peace that it offers us, provided we let it! (ha/ha) Overall, I really have no complaints. The only things I could complain about are things that are my own fault anyway. I guess I still have a lot of work to do! Thank you to all my family and friends whom I love and care for so much. You've had such an impact on my life and have helped in making me who I am today. (I hope your not too disappointed) (ha/ha). All my love- Jessica

No comments:
Post a Comment