
The greatest of blessings were never given without overcoming a little adversity right? When we did our last street walk to support Yes on prop 8 we had organized another walk for Monday, the day before the big election. We had quite a few people who said they were going to be there as well. As Monday approached we quickly found that it had a really good chance of raining Monday night. At first I thought they might cancel the walk, but after talking to Bob Rawe

the regional coordinator for prop 8, he mentioned that it was snowing when the pioneers crossed the plains and that didn’t stop them. Brian’s thought was that doesn’t mean they weren’t crazy either. Ha/ha So anyway, out into the rain we went. Originally I was thinking of just keeping the kids in the car and letting them watch a movie while we stood outside with the signs, but they protested that idea. Especially Jade and Cambrie, since they didn’t get to help the last time. So out we all went. Except Colby of course, I wasn’t about to deal with him on a busy street in the rain. I was so impressed with all the people that were there rain or shine to support this cause. There were actually quite a few other kids out there, and everyone was getting drenched, which to the kids was pure fun. Some of our signs started to fall apart in the rain, so we turn the kids into human signs, while protecting them only slightly from the rain. We took the plastic yard signs and cut holes in the tops for their heads and then put it over the top of them. They loved it and almost all the kids wanted one. Jade and Savannah Pace and a few of the other had made up a little cheer that they were hollering at the top of their lungs. “Yes on 8 is really great” over and over and over again. I have to admit my favorite sign was the one Jen Miyakawa made from yellow foam core board. She cut out the word Yes and the number 8. It was way cute!

I loved seeing the enthusiasm and dedication that everyone there had. I am so grateful to live in a community of people with whom I share common views and interests. There was even a guy who when he saw what we were doing came over and asked to join us. How cool is that!! Yea for Yes on Prop 8!!!
2 comments:
You are Brian are amazing with all the time you put forth on the prop 8. Thank you! Luckily it passed. It was good seeing you and your adorable family. Miss you all! Love-Liz
Hello Staceys! Thanks for the Christmas card. I am surprised it found us. We moved to Utah this summer. We have been a total whirlwind this year. Okay, back to reading. So happy to know about your blog. (Oh and good work on the prop 8 campaign.)
Post a Comment