FOR REAL YOU GUYS NEED TO TRY THIS!

Search & Win

09 August 2008

What a Wonderful Day!

Why is it that the older you get the less special your birthday is. I think it should be the other way around. Thanks to my family and some great friends, I had an awesome birthday!! I started off the morning on a jog/walk with my friend Liz- we took the kids garage selling, where they thought it was the coolest thing ever to be able to buy things they wanted for quarters. Then after I came home and showered, my friends Becca and Sarah picked me up and took me to get a pedicure. It's always more fun to go with friends. Becca wanted to do that for me for my birthday, she rocks!!

Then after the pedicure, non of us were ready to head home, so we decided to go get some lunch at Strings. (great little Italian place in modesto) It was a delicious meal of course and when I had completely stuffed myself, enjoying every last bite, the owner of the restaurant came over to our table and asked if it was my birthday. Looking slightly bewildered (because I had been with Becca and Sarah the whole time and I knew they didn't say anything about it being my birthday) I answered yes. He then asked how old I was, to which I replied "Do I have to answer that?" And he said "Yes". So a little baffled I told him, then he pulled out the restaurant's dessert menu and said " Here pick anything you want, it's on me"- O.k.... how cool is that?!? So when our waitress came back we asked her what was the best and she recommended the brownie lasagna. You could get a small order or a large, she recommended the large since the boss was paying for it. So of course we went for the large, after all there were three of us to share it right? When the dessert came out, it was HUGE!!! It was two "rich" brownies layered in the middle with vanilla ice cream drizzled with raspberry sauce, whip cream and nuts. My description does the dessert absolutely no justice. It was huge and divine!!! Even with all three of us working on it, we still couldn't quite finish the whole thing. (If you know me that is a big surprise!) As we ate it, I kept asking Sarah and Becca how they told them that it was my birthday, but they just kept claiming that they hadn't. Finally as we were leaving I wanted to say thank you for the dessert, and out of curiosity I had to ask how he knew it was my birthday. I was sure that he would rat out Becca or Sarah, but instead he said that he happened to be clearing the table behind us when he heard Becca tell me that she wasn't going to let me pay on my birthday. - O.k. how cool is that?!? Yummy!
My day continued on wonderfully as I spent some time with my family and got another "precious moment"... literally. I love the precious moments figurines and I have collected a few of them since we've been married. All gifts from Brian of course. So for my birthday he gave me one called "A prince of a guy". It was meant to represent Colby- my little prince. I loved it! Of course I always love anything thoughtful like that! Then to top off my day Brian had our friends the Evans over and made a tri-tip dinner and Liz brought salad and rolls. I didn't have to do anything, and it was great!! Liz gave me a new little swim suit, she is always trying to keep me up on the latest and greatest. I had lots of great calls from friends and family which all helped lead up to an absolute wonderful day!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Jessica! Enjoy!

Amy said...

Happy belated birthday. sounds like a great day.

Holly said...

Dang it! We were out of town for your birthday and I am so bummed. Happy Birthday girl! I am so happy your day turned out so wonderful. You deserve it. You are a sweetheart and am glad to have you as a friend. :) I hope this is another terrific year for you! Can't wait for the SUTUCD tour!!! :)

Trish H. said...

Happy be-lated birthday! Im so sorry I missed it.. things have been so crazy around here. we are headed out on another big vacation. But looks like you had a wonderful birthday!!

AnnieB said...

Happy Birthday Jess! You look beautiful by the way! Beautiful! I love you and wish you a great year!
(Let's do another sleepover soon!)

Dave n Terra Thueson said...

glad you had a great day! wish i could have been there