Ok- I think that it is a little crazy, but I am new to this blogging thing and I know I wont hear the end of it if I don’t comply so……. Here goes. I was tagged by Kristin Skinner so if I tag you and you want to complain- head to her web site listed on my check out these sites list, down on the right. 6 Things huh? OK here goes…
1- I have OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder- not clinically diagnosed but definitely recognized by all those who know me very well. When I start into a project or an idea, I have a hard time focusing on anything else. I somehow get blinders on and go full force, at least until I burn out.- Which sometimes doesn’t take very long. Hey they say that recognizing the problem is the first step right?
2- Next- I relate to Kristin very well in the way that I also cannot stand to be breathed on. I can’t handle any hot breath around my face, especially my ears- no whispering allowed!!! For me personally I can’t stand anything warm on my face- not breath, not the heater in the car, no blankets – nada!!!! Keep away!
3- I love creative things- Scrapbooking (digital and otherwise)- Making videos or short home movies- making vinyl signs. There is something in the creative artsy fartsy process that I just really enjoy. There are just never enough hours in the day.
4- I am sometimes known to have radars for ears. If you ask my husband or my brother in law Brett, they could tell you the best way to get my attention, is to whisper my name as if you didn’t want me to hear, or like you were trying to talk about me without me knowing. I sometimes have a hard time focusing on a conversation when I am in a crowd, because I am drawn to listen to all the conversations going on around me. Being a little on the nosey side doesn’t help the situation either.
5- To address the remark Kristin left when she tagged me… I do tend to have my fingers in way to many pots. When embarking upon a new project or adventure, I feel confident that I can accomplish the task or job, I just forget that I can’t do them all at once- (although I still may try) Part of that is my weakness in saying no- A friend once told me I have the word “YES” written across my forehead. I know I need to work on just saying NO. When my schedule is totally overloaded and someone calls and asks for a “quick” favor, I somehow seem to say Yes- as Brian is shaking his head at me. When I give deadlines for orders, I seem to always take the last minute orders anyway and then I put myself in a frenzy trying to get everything done.- For those of you reading this don’t even try it, I have made a new commitment to just say NO!
6- Last but not least I love all things organizational!! Especially office supplies! I love pens, binders, paper, file folders, labeling and color coding things. I relate to the line from “You’ve Got Mail” where she talks about how excited she gets over the bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils. That gets me all excited too! I love organizing things, but I like having all the gadgets to it with. I sometimes feel like the most disorganized person in the world, but when I organize a room I get so much satisfaction out of it. If only I were the only person using the room after I organized it, I know it would stay perfect (right?), but (lucky for me) I share my home with 5 other children- oops- 4 and a husband.(j/k Brian) I know that I am probably the worst one, but again recognizing the problem is half the battle right?
1- I have OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder- not clinically diagnosed but definitely recognized by all those who know me very well. When I start into a project or an idea, I have a hard time focusing on anything else. I somehow get blinders on and go full force, at least until I burn out.- Which sometimes doesn’t take very long. Hey they say that recognizing the problem is the first step right?
2- Next- I relate to Kristin very well in the way that I also cannot stand to be breathed on. I can’t handle any hot breath around my face, especially my ears- no whispering allowed!!! For me personally I can’t stand anything warm on my face- not breath, not the heater in the car, no blankets – nada!!!! Keep away!
3- I love creative things- Scrapbooking (digital and otherwise)- Making videos or short home movies- making vinyl signs. There is something in the creative artsy fartsy process that I just really enjoy. There are just never enough hours in the day.
4- I am sometimes known to have radars for ears. If you ask my husband or my brother in law Brett, they could tell you the best way to get my attention, is to whisper my name as if you didn’t want me to hear, or like you were trying to talk about me without me knowing. I sometimes have a hard time focusing on a conversation when I am in a crowd, because I am drawn to listen to all the conversations going on around me. Being a little on the nosey side doesn’t help the situation either.
5- To address the remark Kristin left when she tagged me… I do tend to have my fingers in way to many pots. When embarking upon a new project or adventure, I feel confident that I can accomplish the task or job, I just forget that I can’t do them all at once- (although I still may try) Part of that is my weakness in saying no- A friend once told me I have the word “YES” written across my forehead. I know I need to work on just saying NO. When my schedule is totally overloaded and someone calls and asks for a “quick” favor, I somehow seem to say Yes- as Brian is shaking his head at me. When I give deadlines for orders, I seem to always take the last minute orders anyway and then I put myself in a frenzy trying to get everything done.- For those of you reading this don’t even try it, I have made a new commitment to just say NO!
6- Last but not least I love all things organizational!! Especially office supplies! I love pens, binders, paper, file folders, labeling and color coding things. I relate to the line from “You’ve Got Mail” where she talks about how excited she gets over the bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils. That gets me all excited too! I love organizing things, but I like having all the gadgets to it with. I sometimes feel like the most disorganized person in the world, but when I organize a room I get so much satisfaction out of it. If only I were the only person using the room after I organized it, I know it would stay perfect (right?), but (lucky for me) I share my home with 5 other children- oops- 4 and a husband.(j/k Brian) I know that I am probably the worst one, but again recognizing the problem is half the battle right?
Now I guess I am supposed to tag 6 people- I don't know very many people with blogs, so here's what I got. I will tag Liz Evans since I over the phone I just made sure she started a blog for her family and I know she has lots of fun quirks that she can share. I will also tag Natalie Cann, because it would be fun to hear more about her since I have known her since jr.high but not seen her in years! Plus she just had a new baby she can talk about. I will tag Trisha Heffner, I know she is one of those amazing people who can do anything... I will let her tell you about her "hobbies". I also tag Debbie Miles, I know she will have neat things to share, because she never ceases to amaze me with her stories!! I just hope she remembers her blog address! And.. I can tag Karen Garcia-Young, because I just found she has a blog! Yeah it's catching on!! Now if I could just get my family to do it! Last but not least I will tag Brian, hoping he will comply, check back later for 6 specials about him- If he doesn't do it, I may have to do it my self!
The rules: Player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post, player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and posts a comment letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read their blog for the rules.

1 comment:
I don't think you are OCD, I think you are ADD! HAHAHA
Post a Comment