07 January 2009
FYI- Were still here
I know that I am way behind on my posts but it has really been a crazy month of travel and holidays and hospitals. Just a really short update, (I will back blog later). Right after thanksgiving which we spent with friends at family at the Garcia- Young home, we left for a cruise to Cozumel and Belize with my family. Mom, Dad, Jayleen, Janell, Ryan, Brian and I. We had an absolute blast and none of us wanted to leave. We returned late Saturday night, in denial of the reality that we were now only 3 weeks away from christmas. Then to throw a real twist into the choas, 2 days after we got home my Dad had a heart attack. It was totally unreal. He ended up having a 5 way bypass. I don't even know what the word for that is! Quad plus one? Anyway it was a very crazy emotional time for us all. My Mom was able to get Jayleen and Janell a flight out immediately - thank you SouthWest! It was a scary crazy time, we were all just in disbelief. Fast forward, Dad did make it out of the hospital. We know it will be a hard road of adjustments for him and probably for Mom as well, but we are just grateful that he is alive and that this didn't happen while we were on the cruise. He came to our house after leaving the hospital and they spent Christmas with us. It was wonderful to have family there to help celebrate. Christmas was truly a celebration for many reasons. Then to add to the celebration, Janell and Ryan decided sort of last minute to make a trip down to spend new years with all of us. It was really enjoyable to see my kids have fun with Dax and Kaydin. We played games galore and the Girls rocked at Rook (of course!) Anyway it made for a fun way to enter into a new year. While there were many great points of 2008 and some not so good, we are really looking forward to making 2009 an even better year. So here is to all the great resolutions we may make and a hope that we might keep them. I hope to be a better blogger... so here goes! Happy 2009 to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad! Your family is in my prayers!
But on a happier note! Wow a cruise! How cool is that?! Aaron and I are planning one for the end of this year. Glad to hear your holidays aside from Dad were okay :)
So glad to hear your dad came through this all right, sounds very major! Happy New Year to your family, call us next time you head this way, would love to see you.
You have every right and excuse to have taken solong to blog!! You are one amazing woman and have one amazing family. I am so glad we are friends and get to see each other almost every day. You really help me to be a better person, Jess. Thanks.
Brian/Jess- I had no idea your Dad had a heart attack, sounds like things are a bit better. Hope all is well, Brit and I are thinking of your entire family.
scott
You are a busy girl. Great to know you're still here!!
Post a Comment