FOR REAL YOU GUYS NEED TO TRY THIS!

Search & Win

31 October 2008

It's Halloween!!


Well... it is what it is right?!? Halloween a day where everyone gets to pretend to be someone or something they aren't and they are rewarded with candy for doing so. You've gotta love Halloween! Jade was Padame in her battle suit,(Star Wars) Cambrie was Princess Leia (I made her costume) Hailey was Super Girl, and Colby was a Dog! Brian and I even took a little stab and prentending to be someone else this year. If you watch the show NCIS you would know that I was Abby the freaky forensic scientist, and Brian was a 70's dude, with the tan leather, butterfly collar jacket and all! This year the Pace's were kind enough to host the gathering of creatures big and small. Everything is more fun with friends right!! Even Nana and Papa came to see the crazies! We had pizza and some yummy appitizers, including a disney pasta salad and a cheese ball in the shape of an owl (way cool Karen)! The kids had a blast just playing and eating with thier friends, as they always do. Then we hit the streets.
The girls took off in the first wave of "runners". Luckily Becca had the energy to head up that group. Brian, my Mom, Dad and I helped bring up the rear with some of the smaller, slower and more easily distracted animals. Literally... Colby was a dog Dakota Lewis was a monkey and Calli was a Tiger. Colby was chillin' by Dakota for a while until he got tired of walking, (just 2 or 3 houses later). He was more interested in opening the candy he got, than he was in going and getting more candy. Finally he took refuge in Karen's bike stroller with Calli. The funny part of it was Karen kept trying to get Calli to sit in it so she could push her, and Calli for awhile wanted nothing to do with it. But Colby on the other hand would jump right in, weither he was welcome or not! (In Calli's opinion, he wasn't always welcome)

Every once in a while I caught a hi Mom as the girls ran by and eventually Hailey got tired and decided to hang back with us. "I just want to walk with Papa" she said. I know they all had a great time. When it started sprinkling rain we all headed back to the Pace's house for some hot chocolate. Once we got back everybody dumped their loot out into piles to be compared and inspected. There were quite a few kids running around and candy everywhere! Somehow everytime I saw Colby go by he had a different sucker in his mouth. I am not sure where he got them or how he got them open, but boy was he happy! It was like there was an endless supply. I don't think he ever finished a whole sucker, he just kept putting new ones in everytime he found one. Oh well, it's Halloween right?

2 comments:

Rach said...

Ok, your kids are soooo cute. I need to see them soon. Could we plan a girls weekend before I have this baby?

love ya

Anonymous said...

You did a really good job on Cambrie's costume. It turned out really cute. Your kids all looked adorable for Halloween. I even liked yours and Brian costumes.