So for the past week Colby has been waking up at 6:30am- way too early... but how can you be upset at a kid that comes in with a huge smile on his face saying "Hi Mom - Hi Dad" at least 5 times, and climbs up in bed with you. As usual we brought him up in between us to watch cartoons to keep him quite so we could sleep a little bit longer. And of course as usual that lasted about 15 minutes. Then he crawled down and headed down stairs, I figured he'd wake up Jade and then we'd be in the clear for at least another half hour.- Poor Jade, sometimes it stinks being the first child. But a few minutes after he headed down stairs we heard the back door open. (All the windows were open, so you hear everything) We heard him jabber for a second and then we heard the screeching of the patio furniture moving across the concrete. Waking up every neighbor in the process I'm sure. I heard him push his little dump truck around the loop and then it went silent. Nervous Brian jumped up and looked out the window only to find Colby digging in the bark. Then more screeching and again silence. Brian then informed me that I had to see what Colby was doing. It was nothing short of precious. Colby had moved one of the foot stools under the swing to climb up on. He had figured out how to swing by himself. It wasn't the fact that he could swing by himself that was so precious, but the look of pride on his face. He was so happy. I wished that I had a camera near by at that time, which of course I didn't, you never do when you really need one. But fortunately for me, after dinner, Colby - now quite confident in his abilities attempted it again. I saw him swinging from the kitchen window and I knew that if I went out there with a camera the moment would be gone, so I ducted over behind the table and got this video through the window. Pardon the background noise, I was inside, so you hear everyone except Colby. I may be prejudice, but I think he is so cute!!!

3 comments:
That is the sweetest thing. I am so glad you caught him on tape. I think he is so cute too!
Jess, that is so dang cute. Thanks for sharing the clip. I loved it.
Oh gosh! your kids are just super cute guys!! It has been way too long - looks like your all doing well and happy though! Here is link to our blog (ok MY blog) and you can see how huge our kiddos have gotten! Chris is a SR, Dani is a Freshman, Tiff started Jr High this year and Micheal is in 2nd grade! Keeps me busy! Stay in touch!
Darla (ok ok and Ed too) :O)
http://forcedoptimism.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment