We tried at one point to get a picture of all the kids. There were about 12+ kids there, but with this particular age group....well, it just wasn't going to happen. So we took what we could get! Cute little monsters aren't they?!?
Probably my favorite moment of the whole party was when it came time to blow out the candles. Colby has seen flames before at campfires, on the stove and such, and he is used to us saying "no, no , it's hot", just trying to protect him of course. So when I brought around the cupcakes with the candles in it, he quickly said "Oh no, oh no, hot hot hot hot". At first I wasn't sure what he meant and then I realized that he was pointing to the flame. He wasn't real sure about me bringing a flame closer to him, but he managed to blow it out. I think it was from all the "ha ha ha" when he was saying "hot"!
Colby loved opening the presents as well, although the way he tore threw them I think he was as happy about ripping them open as he was about getting new things.

All in all I think Colby really enjoyed his first friend birthday party, all the way down to the lizards on the cupcakes, which he seemed to think were edible as well. Happy 2nd Birthday Colby! We love you- just don't grow up to fast!

No comments:
Post a Comment