FOR REAL YOU GUYS NEED TO TRY THIS!

Search & Win

09 June 2008

Crossroads Jog-a-Thon

As is tradition with what seems like most elementary school's in our area, today was the kid's school Jog-A-Thon. It is supposed to be a fundraiser for the school. You "donate" money and your kid receives a t-shirt. So I bought a t-shirt and now the girls have to run for them to? I have to admit I don't totally get it, but whatever works right? Lucky for me my "awesome friend" Karen (she'll be looking for credit on this one), was at the Jog-A-Thon and got pictures of my kids for me. She really is great! - Her oldest Daughter Emily is in Cambrie's class. She told me that during the jog-a-thon, Jade was super sweet and took Jana (Karen's 4 year old) around the loop with her. I wondered if that was for Jana or so that Jade didn't have to run. Either way it was nice. Jade has always loved caring for other kids. Cambrie on the other hand with her broken arm and all, was ready to go. Karen said that when the jog-a-thon first started, Cambrie took off running. Then her teacher Mrs. Milano caught her after the first lap and "walked" with her the rest of the time because she was worried about her getting bumped and hurting her arm. I'm sure it was a nice gesture but I think Cambrie would have liked to run. I do think it is a great idea to keep kids active and on the move! Thanks again Karen for being on the move with them!


No comments: