Finally after years of asking for a pet, our kids finally got one. Although I think Brian was just as excited about if not more. We learned about the Tortoises on a Friday night when we went with our friends Ben and Holly to pick up theirs. Brian asked what they needed to survive, and when Jack (the breeder) said if you left them, they could survive at least a year as long as there were weeds in your yard, we knew that this was the pet for us. It was all I could do to keep Brian from buying one right then and there. With serious effort I finally convinced him to at least wait until the next morning so we could come back and pick one in the day light were we could see them all and choose. He was a kid in a candy shop. So Saturday we went back to Jack's house to pick out our tortoise. Luckily my mom had stayed overnight so she stayed at the house with the kids while we went. When I saw Cooper (as he is now named) I knew that he was the tortoise I wanted. He was still fairly small, but big enough to handle Colby. Jack said that at his current size he could get stepped on by an elephant and still survive. - Yes- but can he withstand Colby?!? He was out cruising around when we saw him and he didn't seem as shy as some of the others. Plus I liked how his shell was 3 layers of color. Anyway- now we have a pet. Now I don't have to feel so bad when my kids bring home those dumb questionnaires from school that ask you all about yourself- your likes... dislikes... pets...- I always felt guilty when I told them to just put (N/A)-not applicable. Now we have joined the ranks. We Have A Pet!-
Check out some of the footage of our first moments with Cooper!

6 comments:
Finally....A post about Cooper!!! I was wondering when it was coming. Now you need to show the blogging world a picture of Coopers house. It's big enough to hide a couple dead bodies. Can I borrow it?
I'm right there with ya! I always feel guilty about that stupid pet questionnaire! And a turtle is the only pet I'll consider right now. We almost got one ourselves the other day! good times! Julie
Wow, I have always wanted a turtle...someday. My site is madaboutbows.com or www.madaboutbows.etsy.com
great chatting with ya today...even though it was a mistake...HA!
Look at how happy your kids are...it's so cute. How fun!!
A tortise? How cool is that!!
We had a tortoise named Saber. Even that was too much for us. John felt too guilty about the forgotten feedings and the multiple times he got lost in our backyard and so we sold him! I get a little nostalgic when I see your Cooper!! He looks much more robust and resilient than our little Saber! I too love his beautiful multi-colored shell! Very stylish! Enjoy!
We miss you guys!
Post a Comment